Feature Friday - October 9, 2015



This past week I visited Melanie's blog, Blue Marble God, for the first time, and read her post, Anticipating Goodness.   The first quote, which I found myself reading over and over again, drew me in - "Fear is the anticipation of evil.  To not fear is the anticipation of goodness."

Melanie's insights really put fear into perspective.   She also shows her readers what anticipating goodness looks like.  

Melanie shares the following about herself:

"I love slowing down to notice the rhythms and beauty of the daily ‘washing dishes, going to work’ kind of life. Conversation around redemption, long roads to parenting, adoption and grace make my heart beat strongly. I spend my days in Western PA with a husband who is a pastor and a son who is a lego builder.

I sit in a field of wild flowers and my soul is its most alive. I watch my imaginative son and I know the redemption of long journeys. I experience the ministry of my husband and I taste God’s goodness, faithfulness and surprise. I write and my heart hears the intimate whispers of my Father.

...my soul knows more joy because it has endured pain.  I have had glimpses of what Paul might have had in mind when he said “sorrowful, but rejoicing”.  Life has been lost and found more deeply.  It began by the planting of God’s word in me…and sprouts up in ways I can’t always anticipate in daily life.  This is why this blog is important to me.  Life is richer and fuller when God is not merely one priority in my day, but when he is my day.  My journey has said to me “trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding”.  And then puts blue marbles in my path to remind me."

Please head on over to Blue Marble God to read Anticipating Goodness.  You will be edified and encouraged.  :-)

You might find me on these link-ups:
Grace & Truth Link-upWoman to Woman Ministries,  Growing in Grace Link-up, 3DLessonsLif4eLivefree Thursday,Everyday JesusSDG GatheringInspire Me Monday Titus 2 TuesdayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeA Look at the Book,  Sunday StillnessThe Weekend BrewSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Give Me GraceA Little R&RTestimony TuesdayWomen with Intention WednesdaysStill SaturdayGood Morning MondaysTell His StoryFaith & Fellowship Blog HopMotivate and Rejuvenate MondaysBe SaltyMonday's MusingsThe Art of Home-Making MondayTuesday TalkWaiting on Wednesday,Dance with Jesus,Looking Up Link-UpReflect His Love and Glory Friend Sharpens Friend Link-UpWords of Comfort Link-upWholehearted WednesdaysTell it to Me TuesdayFaithful at Home FridaysSo Much At Home Link-Up, Faith 'N Friends

Comments

  1. Karen
    Thank you for sharing this post....and for letting me know how the words impacted you. Being with others makes the journey so much sweeter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melanie, You are very welcome.

      Indeed it does. :-)

      May God bless you.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts