Tuesday Thoughts - November 3, 2015

Welcome back to Tuesday Thoughts!  So glad you are here!  :-)

We are still enjoying some beautiful days with warm weather around here.  My husband and I were even able to take our granddaughter for an after dark walk around the beautiful neighborhoods of our town because it was still so nice out!  The leaves have finally started changing in earnest, blanketing our backyard as they fall.  We did have a crazy wind and rain storm the other night that ripped our deck canopy to shreds, and stripped the trees of the leaves that were already poised to fall.



Looks like my activity level will be increasing!  My granddaughter is on the move now!  She started crawling in earnest this week!  I love hearing the pit-pat of her hands hitting the floor as she methodically and alternately moves her arms and knees with purpose.  :-)





Lexi is quite delighted to be able to crawl over to see her furry brother.  Dakota, not so much...  lol.

This week our granddaughter has also discovered how loud she can talk having quite interesting and lengthy conversations.  lol.

What have I lingered over this week?...
  • The moonlight casting shadows across my bed through my front bedroom window...
  • Watching a flock of Canadian geese in the pond rallying themselves with honking, then taking off and flying overhead...

  • Falling asleep to the sound of high winds and heavy rain, feeling warm and cozy...
  • Lexi's smile and laughter...
  • Buying Lexi her first Fisher Price stackable toy and watching her play, with much interest, for an hour...
  • Watching the Great Pumpkin with my husband, a show that I have watched every year since I was six years old, reminding me that the part of Halloween I liked the most as a child was just being outside after dark, looking at the moon and relishing the fresh crisp air...
  • Visiting an old home, standing in the room where George Washington stayed, looking at the pane-glassed window next to the fireplace with the sun streaming through,  imagining the conversations Washington held...


  • Enjoying the last of Autumn colors on a crisp Saturday afternoon walk with my husband...





  • Watching Lexi who hadn't seen her daddy much because he was working late all week, crawling ever so fast to him as he came through the front door - so precious...
What have I pondered this week?

Watching Lexi learning knew things, especially sitting up and crawling, bumps along the way in the process of discovery, it hit me afresh that Jesus experienced all those same firsts and experienced those same bumps.  I found myself looking in awe at my granddaughter's petite form, how fragile she still can be, the extra care we must now take to ensure our house is baby-proofed and safe for this new stage of her life, reflecting that God incarnate, Jesus our Lord, was just as fragile, needing His mother's protection and guidance, just like any other baby...  

Though he was in the form of God, did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but made himself nothing, taking the form of a servant, being born in the likeness of men. And being found in human form, he humbled himself by becoming obedient to the point of death, even death on a cross.

Philippians 2:6-8
  
What am I waiting on God for?
  • Answers to prayer in loved ones lives...
  • Clear direction for how to proceed with my tooth
  • New friendships...
What am I relying on God for?
  • Courage for whatever course of action is needed for my tooth
  • Direction in loved one's lives
  • My walk of obedience
  • Writing blog posts
You might find me on these link-ups:
Grace & Truth Link-upWoman to Woman Ministries,  Growing in Grace Link-up, 3DLessonsLif4eLivefree Thursday,Everyday JesusSDG GatheringInspire Me Monday Titus 2 TuesdayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeA Look at the Book,  Sunday StillnessThe Weekend BrewSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Give Me GraceA Little R&RTestimony TuesdayWomen with Intention WednesdaysStill SaturdayGood Morning MondaysTell His StoryFaith & Fellowship Blog HopMotivate and Rejuvenate MondaysBe SaltyMonday's MusingsThe Art of Home-Making MondayTuesday TalkWaiting on Wednesday,Dance with Jesus,Looking Up Link-UpReflect His Love and Glory Friend Sharpens Friend Link-UpWords of Comfort Link-upWholehearted WednesdaysTell it to Me TuesdayFaithful at Home FridaysSo Much At Home Link-Up, Faith 'N Friends

Comments

  1. I adore children, so love reading about how you so lovingly observe your grandchild, what a blessed time and beautiful grandmother you are! I love reading about the fall..living in Southern CA I miss that..but your writing brings me back to my Long Island childhood, the many fall days that stimulate the senses! Beautiful, reflective writing! I'm so glad you visited my blog, and grateful for your comment, too! I'll keep you in my prayers as you face changes ahead, knowing that God will bring you a new season of wisdom and grace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathy, Thank you so much for your very kind words.

      Awe, I'm glad these posts are bringing back childhood memories.

      Thank you so much for your words of encouragement. And thank you so much for your prayers. They are greatly appreciated. :-)

      Delete
  2. Aww...she is so precious! I know you must enjoy her every second! How blessed you are to have her living there with you in your home during these "firsts" in her life!! God is so good!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, I know! She is! :-)

      I do, I do, I do!

      Indeed I am Cheryl, so very blessed in so many ways.

      Not the least of which how blessed I am by your visits here. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts