Advent Hiatus

Hello everyone,

  I hope you all had a blessed and happy Thanksgiving!  My family and I sure did!

  We made our annual trek to New Jersey, and left later on Wednesday after rush hour and headed back Friday morning sans traffic thankfully.   Woohoo!  My husband and I were even able to get a nice brisk walk in at our favorite park before the early sunset.

 Saturday evening I decked the halls.  This is the earliest I've ever decorated!

 Yesterday my son and daughter-in-law; and my daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter came over to decorate our Christmas tree.  We don't have a very big tree and so with all of us converged upon the tree, it reminded me of how the Charlie Brown gang looked when they were decorating the tree for Charlie Brown at the very end of A Charlie Brown Christmas where all you see are hands flying.  lol.

Fun was had by all with lots of belly laughs!


My world right here.  <3

I'm actually happy I decorated so early because it helps to have one less thing to do in this very busy, joy-filled month.

I will also be taking a hiatus from blogging during the month of December in order to be fully present with the Lord Jesus this Advent and to grow more in my understanding of Him.

I will be going through He is...  Experiencing the Power of Jesus' Name written by Kara Holmes.  She is the sister of Gretchen Saffles, the founder of Well Watered Women Co., the on-line store which sold this book.  However, they were only able to produce a limited number of this devotional.   I was  blessed to be a part of the pre-sales.

{If you have an opportunity, check out Well Watered Women Co., where you will find so many wonderful gift ideas from devotionals, to Bible journals, to all kinds of things which will help enhance the walk of your sisters in the Lord.  Treat yourself too!}

Gretchen introduces the Advent devotional as follows:

“He Is: Experiencing the Power of Jesus’ Name” combines narrative prose with a fictional story that will captivate your heart and meet you right where you are. Throughout this fictional story featuring Sarah and Ruth, you’ll be introduced to the four names of Jesus that are listed in Isaiah 9:6—Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, and Prince of Peace. You’ll be given specific Scripture to study, questions to ponder, and ways to embrace who Jesus is in your Christmas celebrations. My mom and I worked alongside Kara to write the reflection questions as well as experiences. Our prayer is that your heart will be enlarged and your vision cleared as you look to Christ in Scripture and see Him in your every day life."

I am looking forward to diving into what sounds like will be a great Advent read.  I'm sure I will be blogging about what the Lord teaches me through this devotional upon my return in January.

I pray you all will experience the presence of Christ in new and wonderful ways during this Advent season.

And may your Christmas be blessed with lots of love, laughter, family and friends.

See you in the New Year!



You might find me on these link-ups:
Grace & Truth Link-upWoman to Woman Ministries, Inspire Me MondayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Good Morning MondaysTell His StoryFaith & Fellowship Blog Hop  Tuesday Talk   Faith 'N Friends Sitting Among Friends   House to Home  ,Wonderful Wednesday , Literacy Musings Mondays,Imparting GraceDance with Jesus Booknificent Thursdays  Fresh Market Friday Moments of Hope Wonderful Wednesdays , Tea & Word Tuesday Heart Encouragement Thursday Hearts for Home Messy Marriage Link-up Friday at the Fire Station Link-up Tune In Thursday Faith on Fire Link-upSunday Scripture Blessings Link-up, Sunday ThoughtsWriter WednesdayFaith Filled Friday

Comments

  1. Though I will miss your sweet, edifying posts, I trust you have an amazing adventure at the feet of Jesus this Advent season, dear friend! Mary chose that good part, and you are doing the same. You won't regret it. Sending much love and many blessings your way this beautiful Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl! Awe, you are so sweet! In just the first eight days, the Lord has opened up my eyes to so many things!

      I prayed for you and your family this morning. May the Lord bless your Advent with His peaceful presence. Merry Christmas!

      Sending you love and gratitude,

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts