What's New with Me Wednesday

 It's been a while since I've shared what's new with me.  What better day than a Wednesday to do just that!  ;-)  That and the fact that Wednesdays are my usual blog writing days, AND I'm recuperating from having a tooth implant today, a light, encouraging post seemed the perfect one to write!  :-)

 Some of you might remember my tooth saga toward the end of last year when I was apprehensive about having an extraction and the prospective implant.  I am happy to say both are behind me, and although the implant isn't something I would look forward to having again, it really wasn't that bad.   My dentist and his assistants were WONDERFUL!!  I chose to have just a local.  The staff and dentist were so reassuring and upbeat through the process.  I didn't feel a thing, but saw and heard stuff I'd rather not have... lol.  But all in all, I am very thankful for the Lord's provision of an excellent doctor, caring staff, and peace in the midst of the procedure.  Everything went extremely well, and I have had little to no pain.

And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of His glory in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:19

Spring in New England started out relatively warm after a mild winter.   Early one morning, my husband and I headed down to Newport to beautiful hiking trails that sit high above the ocean with panoramic views all around.   We were hoping to find the snowy owls that visit there every year.  Although we didn't see a snowy owl, we took in these beautiful views while basking in the warm sunshine.







 Let the heavens rejoice, let the earth be glad; let the sea resound, and all that is in it.  Let the fields be jubilant, and everything in them; let all the trees of the forest sing for joy.
Psalm 96:11-12


My husband and I took an impromptu trip to New Jersey to visit with family.  We all gathered at my brothers for a great time of ping pong, darts, good food, 70s music {our family's favorite!}, reminiscing, and lots and lots of laughs.  My dad perfectly captioned this ice cream cake in honor of the day!




A joyful heart is good medicine.
Proverbs 17:22a

Last month we celebrated my granddaughter's first birthday!  I can't believe how fast this past year has gone by.  My daughter selected an owl theme in pink and gold.   She and my son-in-law worked tirelessly on the homemade decorations and party favors.  My son-in-law is extremely artistic and creative.  The centerpieces and party favors came out perfect!




I tried my  hand at creativity too!  And where does one go to find creative inspiration?? PINTEREST of course!  ;-)  I wanted to make trays of food in the shape of owls.  I was quite pleased with how mine came out. :-)




I was so thankful for my sister-in-law's extra hands.   She created this owl vegetable tray while I worked on the fruit and cheese trays.  I thought hers came out awesome!



My daughter had a vision for Lexi's outfit complete with a gold one on the front of her shirt and a pink tutu!  My very talented daughter-in-law created that vision.


We were blessed with the use of a beautiful fellowship hall next to an old country church.   It was such a memorable and special day for our precious Lexi.

My entire family from New Jersey came up for Lexi's big day.  After Lexi's party, we all gathered at our home for a ham dinner that had been cooking in the crock pot all day.  At that time, we celebrated my sister-in-law and daughter's birthdays.  It was wonderful to have our home filled to the brim with love and laughter.



And you shall rejoice in all the good that the Lord your God has given to you and to your house, you, and the Levite, and the sojourner who is among you.
Deuteronomy 26:11


I continue to experience exceeding joy at being such a big part of my granddaughter's life!  I cannot even put into words the love I feel for this precious, precious child.

Lexi is incredibly cute, funny, extremely smart, athletic and physical (which can be scary at times - lol), observant, inquisitive, independent, yet sensitive, has the cutest little voice and laugh I have ever heard, and has been walking since she was 10 months old!    My heart is filled to bursting.






Grandchildren are the crowning glory of the aged.
Proverbs 17:6a

My schedule continues to be busy working part-time, babysitting and blogging, but the Lord, as always, blesses me in every area.

I recently finished an excellent book that I highly recommend, A Prisoner and Yet, by Corrie Ten Boom.  I share about that book in my blog post, Peace that surpasses all understanding: Lessons from Corrie Ten Boom                   

Next up to read on my Kindle is a book written by my dear friend Alicia Ruggieri called All Our Empty Places, the second book in her Time of Grace series.  Her first book in that series, The Fragrance of Geraniums is a must read!  These books are extremely God honoring and edifying.  You can find them on Amazon.com.

So that's what has been new with me since we last caught up.   All praise and Glory to my God and Father.

Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.
James 1:17


My sweet grandpuppies  :-)


How has the Lord been blessing you so far in 2016?  I'd love to hear about it.  :-)

You might find me on these link-ups:
Grace & Truth Link-upWoman to Woman Ministries,  Growing in Grace Link-up, 3DLessonsLif4eInspire Me Monday Titus 2 TuesdayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeA Look at the Book,  Sunday StillnessThe Weekend BrewSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Give Me GraceA Little R&RTestimony TuesdayWomen with Intention WednesdaysStill SaturdayGood Morning MondaysTell His StoryFaith & Fellowship Blog HopMotivate and Rejuvenate MondaysBe SaltyMonday's MusingsThe Art of Home-Making MondayTuesday TalkWaiting on Wednesday, Reflect His Love and Glory  Words of Comfort Link-upWholehearted WednesdaysTell it to Me TuesdayFaithful at Home Fridays, Faith 'N FriendsTGI SaturdaysSitting Among Friends Encourage Me Monday Words with Winter Essential FridaysSo Much at Home Family, Friendship & Faith House to Home Intentional Tuesday ,Wonderful Wednesday , Monday of Many BlessingsLiteracy Musings Mondays,Imparting GraceSHINE Blog Hop Dance with JesusGive Me GraceBooknificent Thursdays UNITE Cozy Reading SpotMaking Your Home Sing Monday Social Butterfly Sundays Let Us Grow

Comments

  1. What a cute little 1 year old owl! And your grandpuppies-love! Glad that you had such a great experience with a tooth extraction-no fun at all. Have a lovely week!

    ~Trisha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trisha, Indeed she was! :-)

      Thank you for all your lovely comments. I appreciated your visit so much!

      Delete
  2. Dear Karen ... I feel right at home here in your lovely space, born and bred in NJ, a newly transplanted New Englander, a grandma with plenty of dental work in recent months!

    So very good to connect with you this week! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Linda, Oh that's so neat! I'm so amazed how the Lord intertwines people's paths. :-)

      Thank you for kind comments. Blessed by your visit. :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness... those owl trays!!! Great job! Gorgeous photo's! So glad you are on the other side of surgery and recovering well! We are neighbors over at Jennifer's place today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karrilee, Thank you!

      Me too! lol.

      I'm so glad you stopped by! :-)

      Delete
  4. This looks like fun. Happy Family Day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lux, Indeed it was! Awe. Thank you!

      Your words made me smile.

      Blessings.

      Delete
  5. Oh, so thankful to read this wonderful post, sweet friend! I am so amazed that dear, little Lexi is now over one year old!! Where does the time go? I often wish I could slow it down and cause things to last longer. Especially, when I look at our own dear son and how quickly he is turning into a man. Your family day looked just wonderful, and the owl decorations are just adorable!!! I LOVED your owl food creations, too! SO fun and creative and festive! You are an amazing mother and grandmother...your family is very blessed. May God continue to bless all of you and keep you ever close to Him and to each other. SO thankful your tooth ordeal is behind you. To God be the glory for all He is doing in your life. Sending you much love and many blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, I know! And she developed faster than the "usual timeline" so it feels like she has been older than her stated age from the get go. lol.

      Our children sure do grow up fast.

      We are so blessed with the family we have, truly, truly blessed.

      Awe, thank you for your sweet words. They encourage me so much!

      Thank you so much Cheryl.

      Blessings to you sweet friend. :-)

      Delete
  6. Beautiful scenery! That ice cream cake is precious. What a sweet Dad. You're happiness just oozes out of this post! Thank you for sharing! It's easy to feel blessed around the water, isn't it? Happy Wednesday. #IntentionalTuesday
    Megs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Megs, I try not to take for granted the beautiful scenery I have right around me. So blessed.

      Indeed!

      Thank you so much for your kind words and for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  7. What a fun family get together, Happy Family Day and thank you for stopping by #OMHGWW to share your blog. Hope to see you weekly!

    Have a great week!
    Karren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karren, It truly was so much fun and such a blessing to be a part of.

      You are very welcome. It's a pleasure to be part of that fellowship. :-)

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  8. Hi!
    So glad your implant went well. I'm sure it's good to have that behind you.

    Those ocean photos are amazing. Someday I'd like to see the Atlantic. I've seen the Gulf of Mexico three times. My cousin recently moved to Florida, so maybe someday.

    Love the celebrations and your darling grandbaby and grandpuppies.

    Be blessed and enjoy your week!
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, Thank you. Yes, I was just saying today that I didn't realize how heavy that has been weighing on me for the past year as I feel like a weight has been lifted off of me.

      I saw the Gulf of Mexico only once and it was indeed beautiful. I hope the Lord makes a way for you to see the Atlantic Ocean. :-)

      Thank you so much for your kind words.

      Blessings to you and have a great weekend!

      Delete
  9. Greetings from Dubai.Loved your post! Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shantana, Wow! Dubai! My son-in-law was deployed there briefly while he was in the Marines. I remember he was quite amazed by Dubai.

      Thank you for your kind words.

      Blessings to you.

      Delete
  10. This was a delightful post to read. Lovely pictures, so peaceful and what a wonderful family time. You are blessed! I'm visiting from #thoughtprovokingthursday. Grandchildren are wonderful! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gayl, Awe, thank you!

      I am very blessed to live in the location I live in. I try not to ever take it for granted.

      Indeed they are!

      I'm so glad you stopped by. Blessings :-)

      Delete
  11. What an adorable little 1 year old! I bet you have tons of fun with her. Thank you for sharing what's new with you and all the pictures. Love the ocean views. What a beautiful day you must have had. Thanks for sharing with us at Seeking God Daily Community. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jaime, Thank you!

      I do. She just gets funnier and funnier with each passing day, and she is just soooo cute!! lol.

      That morning walk was probably one of the highlights of my life really. Sometimes it is the simplest moments that deliver the greatest impact.

      You are welcome!

      Have a great weekend!

      Delete
  12. What a creative, fun family! I loved the owl foods and photos. Many blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, Thank you! We do have so much fun together! I am truly blessed. :-)

      Thank you for your kind words and for stopping by.

      Blessings.

      Delete
  13. I'm happy to hear the tooth implant went well. I pray heartily every single time I go to the dentist, I dislike it so. But I too am immensely grateful for my dentist's skill and his patient staff! Terrific post full of lovely images!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carrie, Thank you.

      I'm right there with you. lol.

      Thank you so much for your kind words. I appreciate them so much!

      Delete
  14. Hi Karen,
    I found you on Family, Friendships and Faith. What a lovely update. Your granddaughter is beautiful. We have 7 of them and when we all get together with the dogs it is a busy time. :) I think your granddaughter might enjoy my children's book Tadeo Turtle.
    Blessings to you,
    Janis

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Janis, Thank you so much for your kind words.

      O what a blessing to have seven grandchildren! :-)

      I'm sure she would enjoy Tadeo Turtle! :-)

      Blessings.

      Delete
  15. What a wonderful week getting to spend time and celebrate with family! All the pictures are amazing! Thanks so much for sharing with #SocialButterflySunday! Hope to see you link up again this week :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed it was!

      Thank you so much!

      You are welcome. I'll be there! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts