Exciting News! Choosing To Trust God Companion Journal - 30 Practical Exercises to Break the Habit of Worry

Breaking the habit of worry

NOW AVAILABLE ON AMAZON!


Hello Friends!  It's been a while - three years to be exact!   

As my last post, A Note to the Christian Blogger: 5 Key Lessons I Learned in 5 Years of Blogging, mentioned, I felt the Lord calling me to have a greater role in my ministry as helpmate to my Associate Pastor husband, helping out with the needs of my children and grandchildren, and serving as the women's ministry leader at my church.  At that time, I didn't realize just how much life would happen.   These last three years I have experienced A LOT of leaning into God's grace through various significant trials - 2023 being the most intense.  I had to put into practice all the lessons I wrote about right here on this blog which, I will admit, wasn't easy.  There was one conversation in particular with my brother when he said to me in the most non-judgmental, empathetic and encouraging way, "go read the devotional you wrote".  This gentle reminder convicted me because I was reminded that this blog and the devotional I wrote, Choosing to Trust God, Breaking the Habit of Worry, was built on Truths to combat anxiety.  So you could say I had a "put your money where your mouth is" kinda moment.   For those of you who aren't familiar with the story behind the creation of the devotional, you can read about it here.   

Along with many trials, this year has also brought a major life change for me.  Since my last published blog post, I had the privilege of homeschooling my granddaughter while babysitting my grandson.  It was a joy to watch Lexi learn and grow.  I LOVE spending time with my grandchildren.  That season has now come to an end with my granddaughter entering third grade public school and my grandson attending pre-k.  I am proud to report that they are both flourishing and happy.   With this latest life-season change, I am prayerfully considering what God would have me do next within my role as a Pastor's wife and in women's ministry, but also how can I use the new free time that I have.

There are a few directions I feel the Lord is leading me in, but for now, I took a small step of faith borne out of my intense year of trials which leads to my exciting news!

I have written a Companion Journal to be used in tandem with the Choosing to Trust God, Breaking the Habit of Worry devotional to further help facilitate the habit of giving your worries to the Lord on a daily basis.   Each entry of the Companion Journal corresponds with a daily devotional entry FROM Choosing to Trust God, Breaking the Habit of Worry. Within the pages of the Companion Journal you will find a personal question related to that day’s devotion. You will also find a Scripture prompt where you will look up and record Bible verses that directly speak to the area of concern you raised in the answer portion of the personal question. In addition, you will be prompted to pray, casting your anxiety upon the Lord. There is space provided to record any additional Scripture verses or Truths that the Lord brings to your mind in prayer. The journal entry pages will also have a reflective question for you to document either immediately or at a point in the future how the Lord moved in that situation. Finally, there are additional lined pages provided at the back of the journal for any further insights you would like to record from your 30 day journey of breaking the habit of worry.

The devotional, of course, can still be read on its own, BUT I created the Choosing to Trust God Companion Journal to be used WITH the devotional as a way to enhance the devotional's experience by DIGGING DEEPER into the why behind the reader's own struggles with worry through the personal question prompt, the prayer prompt, the Scripture work, and most especially the reflective question which answer may surprise you as you might discover its YOUR perspective that changed and not necessarily the object of your worry.  Too often, we read a book meant to help us heal in a particular area, but then too easily we forget what we learned as the weeks, months and years go on.  The Companion Journal puts feet to what you are reading in the devotional, and therefore, in my opinion, will bring about a more resolute and lasting result for breaking the habit of worry.

What a beautiful way to memorialize, much like the Psalmist David did, how God showed His faithfulness in those circumstances that initially caused you anxiety. You will find yourself returning to this journal for encouragement and inspiration in the years to come as you continually choose to trust God.

If you already own a copy of Choosing to Trust God, Breaking the Habit of Worry, A 30 Day Devotional and you would like to purchase a copy of the Companion Journal, you can click on the link below:

Choosing to Trust God Companion Journal, 30 Practical Exercises to Break the Habit of Worry

If you don't already have a copy of Choosing to Trust God, Breaking the Habit of Worry, a 30 Day Devotional and you would like to purchase, click here.

My hope for the Choosing to Trust God Companion Journal is that it will serve as a practical application before the Lord to build your trust and faith in Him and that it will provide a medium for God’s healing from the bondage of worry.  I will be going on this journey along with you and am excited to begin!

 




Comments

  1. Oh, sweet friend! I was SO happy to see your blog post!! Praising the Lord for this new accomplishment in your life and ministry! And I appreciated the life update, too, and it was such a blessing to read that Lexi and your grandson are thriving. Congratulations on your new publication, and I will be ordering it next payday, Lord willing. I will be looking forward to it. Much love to you today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Cheryl! You have been my biggest cheerleader, supporter, encourager and friend. I appreciate you so very much!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts