Who taught the birds to sing?

Sparrow singing in a tree


                    Do Birds Sing Because They are Happy?                      They Make Me  Happy!


I know I've probably shared this several times before, but the robin's song is by far my favorite.  Don't get me wrong, I certainly appreciate listening to the sound of any sweetly singing bird, and find such comfort in their joyful melodies.

Recently, I realized just how much bird songs bring me comfort when I was using a meditation app that plays a soundtrack in the background of a summer day.   The sweet, soothing, bird songs aid in relaxation as you concentrate on releasing tension from different parts of your body and on breathing properly  (I'm definitely not good at breathing properly when I'm stressed - I literally tend to hold my breath!  😳)  But, while using the app, I would say my biggest calm came from listening to all the different bird calls intertwined together in a beautiful chorus.

And so it is, outside, in the moment, there's something about the heralding of springtime, when you start to hear the song sparrows singing outside your closed windows, their songs becoming louder and louder as the weather becomes warmer and warmer, bringing a smile to your face as you dream about longer, sunny days.

Or a bird song that actually makes you laugh, like that of the black capped chicadee.  It sounds like a man whistling! 

Or what about the mockingbird, singing in the middle of the night, reminding you that you are not alone in the darkness, but that one of God's special creatures is outside singing all manner of tunes, lulling you to sleep.   Years ago we had a mockingbird that would faithfully begin singing at 1 a.m. every morning.  I found it so comforting - the neighbors, not so much.  lol.  Although I would've agreed with my neighbors if the mockingbird carried on it's "car alarm" song in the  middle of the night as it was known to sing during the day.  lol.

Indeed, every season does have its specific bird songs...

From the rising of the sun to its setting, the name of the LORD is to be praised!
Psalm 113:3


Who Taught the Birds to Sing?


Do you ever wonder who taught the birds to sing their melodic songs?  Are the songs ingrained within their inner being, placed their by God the Creator?  

He makes springs pour water into the ravines;
    it flows between the mountains.
 They give water to all the beasts of the field;
    the wild donkeys quench their thirst.
The birds of the sky nest by the waters;
    they sing among the branches.
Psalm 104:10-12

Did they learn the songs from their parents?

I would say both are true...

And so it is with us.  The Lord has placed a song in our hearts.

He lifted me up from the pit of destruction, out of the miry clay; He set my feet upon a rock, and made my footsteps firm. He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.
Psalm 40:3

Every Believer and every person who calls upon the name of the Lord, will have a new song placed within their hearts, a song placed there by their Savior.

As children of the Living God, our Heavenly Father has equipped us for the call He has placed on our lives to bring Glory to Him and sing praises to His name.  Through His great and mighty work of Salvation in us, and His daily mercies and provision, we should find it hard NOT to praise the Lord with every breath.

Let everything that has breath praise the LORD! Praise the LORD!
Psalm 150:6

As parents, we have been entrusted with the care of our precious children, gifted to us by our Heavenly Father.  When we allow the new song in our hearts to break forth in every circumstance, we are teaching our children to sing in all situations, whether sad or joyful, difficult or easy, stressful or peaceful.

...for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances. I know what it is to be in need, and I know what it is to have plenty. I have learned the secret of being content in any 
and every situation, whether well fed or hungry, whether living in plenty or in want. I can do all this through him who gives me strength.
Philippians 4:11b-13

In the same way we feel a sense of comfort and peace listening to the birds on a summer day, when we as parents are singing in every season, our children will feel at peace and be comforted through our song.

For you shall go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and the hills before you shall break forth into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
Isaiah 55:12

As we practice praise, we will set forth a legacy to our children that the Lord placed within us.  By example and through the work of the Holy Spirit, they, being raised up in the Truth of the Lord, will seek Him with their whole hearts.

Sing to the LORD a new song; sing to the LORD, all the earth. Sing to the LORD, praise His name; proclaim His salvation day after day.…
Psalm 96:1

And then you will join with the great cloud of witnesses to proclaim His great love, and His song will fill the whole earth.

Oh what peace we share when we are singing praises to the Lord.  We don't want to be like the mockingbird with the obnoxious car alarm repertoire when we are in difficult circumstances bringing stress to all who are near, but instead we want to sing a song of praise that speaks God's peace, a peace that effects those around us like the pleasant sounds of birds chirping on a warm summer day.

Oh come, let us sing to the Lord; let us make a joyful noise to the rock of our salvation! Let us come into his presence with thanksgiving; let us make a joyful noise to him with songs of praise! For the Lord is a great God, and a great King above all gods.
Psalm 95:1-10


For similar posts, click on the following:

A Little Bird Told Me





You might find me on these link-ups:

Grace & TruthWoman to Woman Ministries, Inspire Me MondayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Good Morning MondaysTell His StoryFaith & Fellowship Blog Hop  Tuesday Talk   Faith 'N Friends Sitting Among Friends   House to Home  ,Wonderful Wednesday , Literacy Musings Mondays,Imparting GraceDance with Jesus Booknificent Thursdays  Fresh Market Friday Moments of Hope Wonderful Wednesdays , Tea & Word Tuesday Heart Encouragement Thursday Hearts for Home Messy Marriage Link-up Friday at the Fire Station Link-up Tune In Thursday Faith on Fire Link-upSunday Scripture Blessings Link-up, Sunday ThoughtsWriter Wednesday, Faith Filled Friday God Sized Dreams Link-Up Sitting Among Friends Be Thee Inspired Graceful Tuesday Link-up Aprons & Pearls Link-up Trekkingthru Link-up  Encouraging Word Wednesday  Grace Moments Link-up  Encouraging Hearts and Home Worth Beyond Rubies Seeking Sabbath Scripture and a Snapshot IHeart Verse Welcome Heart Kingdom Bloggers Outdoorsy Mommy Anchored Truth Tuesdays IHeart Verse InstaEncouragements

Comments

  1. Beautiful! I love all the scriptures you chose, and how you sing a song of praise in your post!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Shayndel, Praise God!

      :-)

      Your words have blessed me. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Oh, sweet friend! I so enjoy the sound of birds, too. It is so soothing. It was so nice to visit with you tonight. We have no internet for a while so it is hard for me to keep up with everything. I was just so thankful to be able to stop by. You are such an encouragement to me. Sending much love and many hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, Awe, I'm so glad you were able to. I will be praying for you and your family.

      Sending love and hugs right back to you. :-)

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful picture! laurensparks.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love to hear birds singing, too. This time of year it's not unusual to walk by a bush full of migrating birds singing melodies I don't hear as often. I love to pause and listen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. Indeed! Such a beautiful sound to pause and listen to. :-)

      Delete
  5. Love this. I love to hear the birds singing in the spring. It does just give one your own song of peace and joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanda, I'm so glad!

      Very well stated!

      Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Love this post! Beautiful words! Thank youl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karen, Praise God!

      Thanks so much for your kind words. I appreciate them!

      You are very welcome.

      Delete
  7. I love listening to birds sing, too :). And I can attest to the fact that God has placed a new song in my heart and it helps me through rough times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, Amen!

      Thanks so much for sharing that. :-)

      Blessings,

      Delete
  8. So thought-provoking about our legacy of praise! I love the singing of birds, too, and now I'll be reminded that my praises are like that - sweetly encouraging and comforting, even as they bless my Father in heaven.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carlie, Thanks so much for your lovely comment. I appreciated it!

      Blessings,

      Delete
  9. This is so beautiful! I adore birds as well, not just their songs but their beauty and grace. Now when I hear them singing, I will think of the Lord and lift praises up to him as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie, Thank you.

      Indeed, they are beautiful, graceful creatures.

      I'm glad! :-)

      Thanks so much for taking the time to visit.

      Delete
  10. The birds outside my brother's home kept me awake so I placed a pillow over my head! He said the next morning, they don't even notice! Singing hymns all the way to LA with Pandora was a beautiful way to get through traffic unscathed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Sue, Oh my! Haha!

      Hymns do help sooth the spirit for sure!

      Thanks so much for stopping by!

      Delete
  11. This is lovely!! I enjoy listening to all the bird calls and songs throughout the year, and try to remember to praise God along with them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kym, Thank you for your kind words.

      Sounds wonderful! :-)

      Delete
  12. Thank you for sharing about the song that God places in our lives on the #LMMLinkup this past week. I loved the analogy of singing His praises just as the robin does.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for sharing this encouragement at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts