Lakes, Loons, Mountains and Views

Hello!  It's so good to be back!  I hope you all enjoyed the Summer in the Psalms series as much as I did.  😊  In some respects, I find the Psalms to be the most comforting book of the Bible.  In the Psalter we see constant reminders of the goodness of God - past, present and future, usually wrapped up in one Psalm!  We also see mankind, in moments of weakness and doubt, reviving themselves by remembering what the Lord has done, hoping, once again, in what He will do, and praising Him as if it is already done.

Before resuming regular blogging, I thought I'd give a recap of what turned out to be a vacation filled summer.  😎

In mid-July we went to a lake house on Silver Lake in New Hampshire.  I actually didn't start looking for a lake house until almost a month before we were to take our vacation.  For those of you who are familiar with the lakes region of New Hampshire, the chances of finding a lake house on such short notice is slim to none.  And it was beginning to look that way until I prayed and asked the Lord to bless Michael and I with an affordable lake house.  Well the Lord EXCEEDED my expectations!


Windows galore for viewing the lake and look at that huge deck!

Our own private dock, beach area, lounge chairs and a horseshoe pit!



View from anywhere inside the house basically.  🙌

My husband and I were only the second people to stay in this brand new space.  The owner's summer home is on the property and he converted the garage into this beautiful lake house.  Doug was extremely informative and very nice.

During our stay, we would get up early in the morning and head out in our canoe for a couple of hours on Silver Lake and then rinse and repeat for the sunset hours.  We saw a bald eagle, a baby loon and its momma, and then found ourselves amongst seven loons gathered together!



The bald eagle is toward the top of the tree.




In the mornings, after returning from our canoe trip, we would sit out on the deck and spend time in the Word.


In the afternoons, we would move down to the beach area where it was cooler and the breeze was wonderful off the lake.

One afternoon we took a ride on the Kancamagus Highway just to the highest point where we were greeted with these magnificent views!





We spent a glorious week here and truly felt rested and rejuvenated!

After that vacation, we were home for just ten days and then back on the road again.  This time we were headed to one of our favorite places, Woodstock, Vermont.


We love to walk around Woodstock.  It is so quaint and beautiful.  I instantly feel relaxed when I am there.

We stayed forty-five minutes north of Woodstock at the Killington Resort.

During our stay we also visited the birthplace of President Calvin Coolidge.



We were only there two nights and then we headed on over to New Hampshire to stay at the historic Mt. Washington Hotel.  My husband was attending a conference there and I, of course, tagged along.  It's not every day you get to stay in a magnificent hotel like this!





This was the view from our room!

View of Mt. Washington

While my husband attended the conference sessions, I enjoyed the views from this amazing porch and spent my time reading.  (I read Jane Austen's Emma!)






Our last night at the hotel we were treated with this incredible view of the full moon which we watched rise over the mountain...




After our time at the Mt. Washington Hotel, we headed back home to our other favorite places, our screened in porch where we can enjoy peaceful views like this...


And the park, where we can enjoy sunsets like this...



Even though we had lots of fun activities this summer, (In addition we made a trip to New Jersey for my niece's graduation party and had a visit from my parents a few days before we went to the lake house), it is good to be back home and in a routine.   And although I'm still adjusting to my new normal of not being employed, I am excited to see what the Lord will have me do next.  I have some ideas already, but am seeking the Lord for His direction and confirmation.

I am praising God for how He blessed my husband and I with such a wonderful summer to enjoy His beautiful creation and creatures!  😀

I hope you all had a wonderful summer.  Please let me know in the comments what you did this summer.  I'd love to hear about it!

Please join me next week, for an all new blog post.  (The Lord provided lots of content for me those days I spent on the lake house deck.  😉)

 *Growing Together in Grace and Knowledge now has an Instagram account.  Please click this link and follow me there where you will find daily, God-honoring inspiration. 😊 *

You might find me on these link-ups:

Grace & TruthWoman to Woman Ministries, Inspire Me MondayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Good Morning MondaysTell His StoryFaith & Fellowship Blog Hop  Tuesday Talk   Faith 'N Friends Sitting Among Friends   House to Home  ,Wonderful Wednesday , Literacy Musings Mondays,Imparting GraceDance with Jesus Booknificent Thursdays  Fresh Market Friday Moments of Hope Wonderful Wednesdays , Tea & Word Tuesday Heart Encouragement Thursday Hearts for Home Messy Marriage Link-up Friday at the Fire Station Link-up Tune In Thursday Faith on Fire Link-upSunday Scripture Blessings Link-up, Sunday ThoughtsWriter Wednesday, Faith Filled Friday God Sized Dreams Link-Up Sitting Among Friends Be Thee Inspired Graceful Tuesday Link-up Aprons & Pearls Link-up Trekkingthru Link-up  Encouraging Word Wednesday  Grace Moments Link-up  Encouraging Hearts and Home Worth Beyond Rubies Seeking Sabbath Scripture and a Snapshot IHeart Verse Welcome Heart Kingdom Bloggers Outdoorsy Mommy Anchored Truth Tuesdays IHeart Verse InstaEncouragements
Recharge Wednesdays


Comments

  1. Thanks for your encouraging blogpost. I love the red sky and the photo with the Bible in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aritha, You are very welcome!

      Thank you!

      And thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  2. Oh, what a wonderful summer you had, dear friend! Such beauty and peace! I thoroughly enjoyed your series on the Psalms and look forward to reading all of those nuggets God gave you this summer, also! I am praying for you and praising God along with you and will soon answer your last email. Sending much love your way today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl! Indeed we did! :-)

      I'm so glad!

      Thank you so much dear friend for your sweet intercessions for me and my family. They mean so very much!

      Delete
  3. Wow! What a beautiful summer! I love your view from the lake house. What a wonderful place to sit and read God's Word! And that hotel!!! Gorgeous. They don't build places like that any more.

    Thanks for linking up at InstaEncouragements!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patsy, Yesss! It was soo wonderful! Summer house goals for sure! lol.

      No they certainly don't!

      You are very welcome!

      Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  4. I live in Maine, so what you've described here is familiar and much loved territory, but it's been years since I ventured that way! Thanks for the good memories these pictures stir.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michele, Aw. You are very welcome!

      Thanks so much for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  5. God has always provided great comfort through the Psalms to me personally, as well. I recently taught a Bible class at my church through the Book. That season of study and preparation was likely one of the most spiritually maturing seasons. I have come to appreciate this brilliant and profound piece of literature to a greater extent. Such gifts of God's amazing grace!

    Enjoyed your photos. Praising God with you and thankful for the wonderful vacation blessing.

    #RechargeWednesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbra, Thank you so much for sharing what the Psalms have meant to you and about your experience teaching through the Psalms.

      Yes!

      Thank you. :-)

      Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Looks like a beautiful summer! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Aryn, It was! You are very welcome!

      Thanks for taking time to visit. :-)

      Delete
  7. Looks like you had just the summer God thought you needed! May he continue to bless you as you seek guidance for this phase of your life!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Anita, I love how you phrased that! I never thought about it that way, but indeed He did!

      Thank you so much for your sweet prayer for this next season of my life.

      Thanks so much for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  8. Looks like you had a wonderful time together! Yay for making memories! Stopping by from #letshavecoffee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Laura, We did! Yess!

      Thanks so much for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Hi Rebecca, Thank you, and thanks so much for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  10. This looks like a perfect vacation spot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elizabeth, It was!

      Thanks so much for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  11. I enjoyed looking at the beautiful photos of your summer recap -- from the lake house to the fancy hotel. What a way that Lord has blessed you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marva, I'm so glad!

      Indeed He has!

      Thanks so much for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  12. Sounds like a really nice Summer and the Psalms always a plus for encouragement. Love see your Summer in your photos. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi PeaBea. It was!

      Indeed they are!

      Thank you!

      You too!

      Delete
  13. I lived on the sea coast of NH for 25 years but, strangely enough, rarely made it up to the lakes region. It’s so pretty there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A few years ago we visited the NH seacoast and I was like why haven't we done this before?? lol. I guess we were the opposite. ;-)

      The lakes region indeed is so beautiful.

      Thanks for stopping by. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts