Tuesday Thoughts - December 1, 2015

Welcome back to Tuesday Thoughts!  I am so glad you are here!


This past week I enjoyed my most favorite holiday - THANKSGIVING!  I love Thanksgiving because it holds the memories of blessings past, and the hope of Christmas blessings yet to come...

This Thanksgiving was extra special because it marked my granddaughter's first one!

We all headed down to New Jersey Wednesday night.  The traffic cooperated and the ride seemed to go quickly.

Thanksgiving Day was spent visiting my in-laws in the morning, and then the rest of the day we gathered together with my family and my brother's in-laws.  There were 22 of us for Thanksgiving dinner and the 28 lb. turkey did the job! I haven't laughed that hard in a very long time!  In fact, I can still break out into laughter thinking about some of the funny antics of the day!  lol.

The day after Thanksgiving we spent with my parents, my sister-in-law and niece.  {My poor brother had to go in for an emergency tooth extraction and couldn't join us.  It was quite uncanny, but me, both my brothers and my husband were ALL having serious tooth issues on Thanksgiving.  The Lord sustained us through it all.}

The time back home went by too fast, but the many treasured memories from Thanksgiving 2015 will last forever.  <3

What have I lingered over this week?
  • The very large, orange Beaver Moon just above the horizon, thinking I never saw a moon look that big in the sky before...
  • My granddaughter preparing to take steps, thinking it seemed like just yesterday my own children were taking their first steps, where did the time go?...
  • My granddaughter jumping up and down to the beat of nursery rhyme songs, my reaction egging her on to make me laugh more...
  • My brother's house, so happy to be there, looking forward to the day ahead, wanting time to go so slowly...
  • Family and friends gathered together for Thanksgiving, seeing the loving bond that ties us all together...
  • Janice's stories, laughing so hard my stomach hurt...
  • Delicious Thanksgiving food and desserts...






  • My family's love for Lexi, so very evident, so very special...


  • A game of Pictionary with family, lots of laughter, lots of fun ...

  • Vignettes of family, enjoying each other, interspersed throughout the day...
  • This special moment with my son-in-law and granddaughter...

What have I pondered this week?

The power of words, in particular God's Word{s}...

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.
John 1:1

The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
John 1:14

Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God.
Matthew 4:4

the word of our God endures forever.
Isaiah 40:8b

The unfolding of your words gives light;
it gives understanding to the simple.
Psalm 119:130

Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
Matthew 24:35


What am I waiting on God for?
  • Answers to prayer in loved ones lives...
  • Healing for reflux situation...
  • New friendships...
What am I relying on God for?
  • Integrity of tooth prior to extraction
  • Courage for the tooth extraction and subsequent bone build-up...
  • An easy tooth extraction, not requiring surgical removal...
  • Direction in loved one's lives
  • My walk of obedience
  • Writing blog posts
You might find me on these link-ups:
Grace & Truth Link-upWoman to Woman Ministries,  Growing in Grace Link-up, 3DLessonsLif4eLivefree Thursday,Everyday JesusSDG GatheringInspire Me Monday Titus 2 TuesdayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeA Look at the Book,  Sunday StillnessThe Weekend BrewSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Give Me GraceA Little R&RTestimony TuesdayWomen with Intention WednesdaysStill SaturdayGood Morning MondaysTell His StoryFaith & Fellowship Blog HopMotivate and Rejuvenate MondaysBe SaltyMonday's MusingsThe Art of Home-Making MondayTuesday TalkWaiting on Wednesday,Dance with Jesus, Reflect His Love and Glory Friend Sharpens Friend Link-UpWords of Comfort Link-upWholehearted WednesdaysTell it to Me TuesdayFaithful at Home Fridays, Faith 'N Friends, TGI Saturdays


Comments

Popular Posts