Hindsight is 20/20

Hindsight is 20/20 in the Christian Life as it brings clarity to hard seasons and increases our faith.


Hindsight is 20/20 - But we have to get their first...


As I've shared here before, it was actually a trial that ultimately brought me to the Lord.  For me it was anxiety.   The Lord used the story of Peter walking on water to open my eyes.  Specifically, when Peter started to sink because he took his eyes off of Jesus, looked at the waves instead of staying focused on Jesus, and cried out "Lord, save me".  {I share a portion of my salvation story in my post, The Story God Wrote For Me - Anxiety Saved Me which you can read HERE.}

Over the years, I can still struggle with anxiety, and I find that those are the seasons that the Lord is drawing me back toward Himself, each time exponentially growing my relationship with Him as I experience His tender mercies.

Hindsight is 20/20 - Brings clarity to hard seasons


Hindsight is always 20/20 though.  Now that I am out of that season, I can see with clarity how God showered me with mercies, but to be transparent, this last time, in the thick of it, I was in survival mode, and wasn't so much focusing on His mercies, but focusing on the "waves" of anxiety...

But from there you will seek the LORD your God and you will find him, 
if you search after him with all your heart and with all your soul.  
When you are in tribulation, and all these things come upon you in the latter days, 
you will return to the LORD your God and obey his voice.  
For the LORD your God is a merciful God. 
He will not leave you or destroy you 
or forget the covenant with your fathers that he swore to them.
Deuteronomy 4:29-31

The key is to seek the Lord when we are in the midst of our trials and to recognize that He allows the tribulation so that we will return to Him and receive mercy upon mercy from His great storehouse of mercies.

God desires to be in communion with us, but often times, we try to either become self-sufficient or become self-absorbed, essentially putting God on the back burner.

When circumstances arise that are difficult,  if we recognized them as God's tender mercies drawing us back to Himself, we would see those trials in the loving manner that God intended them.  The Lord does not use trials to destroy us, but so that He can show us how merciful and loving He is!

And I don't know about you, but it seems that the smaller nuisance circumstances of life are the ones that bring me lower then the big trials where I tend to cry out to the Lord, "This is too big for me. I need your help." Um hello!  Jesus tells me to cast EVERY care upon Him.  There are no Biblical guidelines that say, "for smaller problems, you're on your own".  Even those nuisance circumstances, the Lord is ready and waiting to show us mercy. 

Without the difficulties of life or even, dare I say, our sinful bents, we would not experience God's mercies to the fullest. That's not to imply that we sin all the more, but it means that even in our sinfulness, God's desire is to show us His compassion and mercy, when punishment is what we deserve.

Just like the verse states, "sufficient for the day is its trouble", but take heart, His mercies are new every morning.

Hindsight is 20/20 - Increases our Faith


God is NEVER lost to us.  Whenever we seek Him, we will always find Him and His manifold mercies.  God's mercies are overflowing and He has enough to cover every one of our troubles from the smallest to the greatest.

Lord open our eyes to see your mercies in the midst of our trials and tribulations, to see that you are drawing us close to yourself to show your great love, and to see your great mercy upon us in all things.

David said to Gad, “I am in deep distress. 
Let us fall into the hands of the LORD, 
for his mercy is great.
2 Samuel 24:14a

Let us then approach God’s throne of grace with confidence, 
so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need.
Hebrews 4:16

Hindsight is 20/20 - Open my eyes Lord that I may see


You might find me on these link-ups:

Grace & TruthWoman to Woman Ministries, Inspire Me MondayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Good Morning MondaysTell His StoryFaith & Fellowship Blog Hop  Tuesday Talk   Faith 'N Friends Sitting Among Friends   House to Home  ,Wonderful Wednesday , Literacy Musings Mondays,Imparting GraceDance with Jesus Booknificent Thursdays  Fresh Market Friday Moments of Hope Wonderful Wednesdays , Tea & Word Tuesday Heart Encouragement Thursday Hearts for Home Messy Marriage Link-up Friday at the Fire Station Link-up Tune In Thursday Faith on Fire Link-upSunday Scripture Blessings Link-up, Sunday ThoughtsWriter Wednesday, Faith Filled Friday God Sized Dreams Link-Up Sitting Among Friends Be Thee Inspired Graceful Tuesday Link-up Aprons & Pearls Link-up Trekkingthru Link-up  Encouraging Word Wednesday  Grace Moments Link-up  Encouraging Hearts and Home Worth Beyond Rubies Seeking Sabbath Scripture and a Snapshot IHeart Verse Welcome Heart Kingdom Bloggers Outdoorsy Mommy Anchored Truth Tuesdays IHeart Verse InstaEncouragements


Comments

  1. You bring me such comfort with this: "Without the difficulties of life or even, dare I say, our sinful bents, we would not experience God's mercies to the fullest." That is so true. It helps me appreciate the difficulties a little more. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lisa, Praising God you found comfort here.

      Thanks so much for stopping by.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing your heart and showing us that to move with the Lord is to move on in His perfect plan for us

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Christine, You are very welcome!

      Thanks so much for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  3. Oh! It's me again. I hope you will enjoy my new post - facing the dawn. I think you will be encouraged.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I fixed it. I'm now on the system. This is good. I didn't know how to update my profile before. Sorry. Here I am though. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for sharing your heart with us and I love the verse you found in Deuteronomy. I love the Old Testament! ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April, You are very welcome!

      Indeed, the Old Testament has so much treasure to be mined. :-)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  6. Anxiety and depression have ripped into the the lives of so many. He spoke His peace to stop that wind, and I pray He speaks it over all who suffer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe the key word here is "move" and it sounds as though you are. One step at a time. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Susan, Indeed! And yes I am. All Praise to God!

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  8. Excellent point! God never says, "handle this on your own!"

    ReplyDelete
  9. My prayer is that more and more He will be my first thought and not my fourth or fifth! Visiting you today from Mary Geisen's link up. laurensparks.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren, Amen!

      Thanks so much for stopping by. :-)

      Delete
  10. I'm glad you've found some peace and can see the hindsight has mercies and lessons for further growth. #outdoorsymommy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lindsey, Me too! Praise God!

      Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
  11. Thank you for this, Karen! I struggled with severe anxiety for years and even now, I describe myself as being in recovery because I can find those old feeling rear up when circumstances challenge. Praise God, you're so right. It is looking at His past mercies and thanking Him for the grace that helps me progress and gives me hope ... those are the things that make anxiety a short-term visitor rather than a resident. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Deb, You are very welcome!

      Oh wow! That is so true about "being in recovery". I never thought of it that way, but indeed we are! I feel the same way!

      Won't it be wonderful when in heaven we will no longer have anxiety but PERFECT, BLISSFUL PEACE. :-)

      Thanks so much for sharing your own story and for stopping by.

      Delete
  12. Thanks so much for sharing this testimony at Booknificent Thursday on Mommynificent.com!
    Tina

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts