Wednesday Worship - October 14, 2015

Welcome back to Wednesday Worship for another hymn spotlight.  :-)


The Holy Spirit recently convicted me that I am not trusting God in ALL things...

{I will be sharing more about this particular revelation in this week's Scripture Saturday post which will be published on October 17, 2015.}

The Holy Spirit brought to my remembrance this sweet hymn; one that I can remember singing as a fairly new believer, the richness of the words, beckoning child-like trust...

Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus

'Tis so sweet to trust in Jesus,
And to take Him at His Word;
Just to rest upon His promise,
And to know, 'Thus says the Lord!'

Refrain:
Jesus, Jesus, how I trust Him!
How I've proved Him o'er and o'er
Jesus, Jesus, precious Jesus!
O for grace to trust Him more!

O how sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just to trust His cleansing blood;
And in simple faith to plunge me
'Neath the healing, cleansing flood!

Refrain

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

Refrain

I'm so glad I learned to trust Thee,
Precious Jesus, Savior, Friend;
And I know that Thou art with me,
Wilt be with me to the end.

Refrain

Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus was written by Louisa M.R. Stead.  Early in Louisa's life she felt called to the mission's field, but was unable to do so because of poor health.  

At age 25, Louisa married.  A year later her daughter Lily was born.   When Lily was a few years old, her husband died tragically while trying to save a drowning child.  'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus was born out of Louisa's grief.

Years later, Louisa remarried, her health improved, and she was able to fulfill her calling to be a  missionary. Her daughter, Lily, eventually felt called to the mission's field as well.

Despite the tragedy in Louisa's life, God showed Himself faithful, blessing her abundantly.

It is so amazing how God is still redeeming the trials of those Saints who have gone before us through the legacy of their poetry and hymns which comfort us to this day.

The following stanza of this beautiful hymn speaks to the desire of my heart...

Yes, 'tis sweet to trust in Jesus,
Just from sin and self to cease;
Just from Jesus simply taking
Life and rest, and joy and peace.

Oh that we would all have grace to trust Him more...



Please enjoy this beautiful country rendition of 'Tis So Sweet to Trust in Jesus sung by Amy Grant. 





You might find me on these link-ups:
Grace & Truth Link-upWoman to Woman Ministries,  Growing in Grace Link-up, 3DLessonsLif4eLivefree Thursday,Everyday JesusSDG GatheringInspire Me Monday Titus 2 TuesdayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeA Look at the Book,  Sunday StillnessThe Weekend BrewSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Give Me GraceA Little R&RTestimony TuesdayWomen with Intention WednesdaysStill SaturdayGood Morning MondaysTell His StoryFaith & Fellowship Blog HopMotivate and Rejuvenate MondaysBe SaltyMonday's MusingsThe Art of Home-Making MondayTuesday TalkWaiting on Wednesday,Dance with Jesus,Looking Up Link-UpReflect His Love and Glory Friend Sharpens Friend Link-UpWords of Comfort Link-upWholehearted WednesdaysTell it to Me TuesdayFaithful at Home FridaysSo Much At Home Link-Up, Faith 'N Friends

Comments

  1. Love this song! Thanks for sharing. I'm visiting you from Testimony Tuesday Link Up, I'm right next to you! Thanks for encouraging with this post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tayrina, You are very welcome!

      I'm so glad you were encouraged by your visit today. You have encouraged me as well! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts