Tuesday Thoughts - October 27, 2015

Welcome to Tuesday Thoughts!  So glad you visited!  :-)

I have the blessing of experiencing two separate peak foliage times this year!  Last weekend we took advantage of the peak foliage in Northern New England, and now this weekend, here in Southern New England, the leaves are starting to peak with beautiful reds, oranges and yellows.





In my neighborhood near the water, however,  we are always the last to peak - much of the trees still wearing summer clothes...




This was a very busy week for me, barely having any time to take a walk outside.  I did steal away one warm, sunny afternoon with my daughter and granddaughter to enjoy our local park.

My husband and I enjoyed a spur of the moment visit with my son and daughter-in-law who just celebrated their one year wedding anniversary last weekend.  They surprised us with our own copy of the wedding video which we all sat and watched together during our visit.  My face hurt from smiling so much as I watched the memories play out on the beautifully created video.

What have I lingered over this week?
  • Watching a late night football game with my son-in-law, reflecting on how blessed I am to have such a wonderful relationship with him...
  • A warm sunny afternoon out on the deck - there won't be many more warm days to enjoy...
  • The moon lighting up the dark kitchen late at night, remembering when we first brought our daughter home from the hospital, her first night spent sleeping in the swing in the kitchen, the moon shining on her sweet tiny frame...
  • Alone in the house, dusting my espresso colored TV console, suddenly remembering my nana's dark colored, big and fancy TV console that never had a speck of dust on it, letting myself visit every room of my Nana's small apartment, a smile coming to my face as I let the memories take me away...
  • A very rare, leisurely morning to myself, to putter around and take it slow...
  • Holding my granddaughter as she carefully pointed to, studied and played with my necklace, feeling the warmth of her petite body,  so much love in my heart it could burst...
  • Spending time in bed before getting up, cuddling and talking with Lexi, remembering when I would have her momma in bed for such sweet, special morning times together, where did the time go...
  • Taking Lexi for a walk in the mall where she was exercising her vocal skills, quite proud of herself at that, the cashier commenting that our granddaughter sounded like she was warming up for choir...  :-) 
  • The smell of my husband's famous roast chicken cooking in the oven, mouth watering, looking forward to Michael's incredible stuffing that compares to none other...
  • The first roast chicken dinner of the season, enjoyed with our daughter, son-in-law and granddaughter, all of us savoring every bite...

  • The finished product of a project I was working on, appreciating the lay-out and amazed how the Lord brought it together...
  • Carving our pumpkins, a longstanding tradition, scenes of past years in the very same kitchen going through my mind, enjoyment in the present moment, my husband using a carving kit with template for the first time, the finished work of which showed a job well done, watching my son-in-law create an intricately designed pumpkin, my daughter carving with gusto, and my little pumpkin watching with wonder...






What have I pondered this week?

As I reflected upon the leaves in my backyard that are still so green, yet a few towns over, the fall colors are in their full glory, I marveled thinking how quickly seasons change.  In just a couple of weeks, those green leaves will all be gone, revealing the fields behind our house once again...  The same can be said in the spring - bare tree limbs suddenly bursting forth with a canopy of green, shielding the fields from view...  It's a wonder we don't physically see the leaves change and/or grow right before our eyes!

The seasons of life change so quickly as well.  My granddaughter's milestones showcase the passage of time so clearly.  It seems each week she is learning how to do something new, all of it happening so fast.  Newborn turns to seven months to a year to three years, to Kindergarten, to middle school, to high school and then out on their own...  Then come the 20s, whole lives ahead of us...  It seems in a blink of an eye, we are in the Autumn of our lives and find ourselves remembering and reflecting on all the years gone by...

Last January I had made a pact  with myself that I was going to savor everything in life, God's creation, relationships, the small things...  I have tried my best to do so, and this blog has certainly helped to that end.

For it is in the savoring that memories are built which will last a lifetime...

What am I waiting on God for?
  • Answers to prayer in loved ones lives...
  • Clear direction for how to proceed with my tooth
What am I relying on God for?
  • Courage for whatever course of action is needed for my tooth
  • Direction in loved one's lives
  • Wearing my many hats well and for God's Glory
  • Writing blog posts

You might find me on these link-ups:
Grace & Truth Link-upWoman to Woman Ministries,  Growing in Grace Link-up, 3DLessonsLif4eLivefree Thursday,Everyday JesusSDG GatheringInspire Me Monday Titus 2 TuesdayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeA Look at the Book,  Sunday StillnessThe Weekend BrewSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Give Me GraceA Little R&RTestimony TuesdayWomen with Intention WednesdaysStill SaturdayGood Morning MondaysTell His StoryFaith & Fellowship Blog HopMotivate and Rejuvenate MondaysBe SaltyMonday's MusingsThe Art of Home-Making MondayTuesday TalkWaiting on Wednesday,Dance with Jesus,Looking Up Link-UpReflect His Love and Glory Friend Sharpens Friend Link-UpWords of Comfort Link-upWholehearted WednesdaysTell it to Me TuesdayFaithful at Home FridaysSo Much At Home Link-Up, Faith 'N Friends

Comments

  1. Such a blessed week you have had. There is nothing more precious than family around us. And now you have a little helper in the house. God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, Indeed!

      I am cherishing to the fullest extent this special season of my life. Thanks for sharing in my blessings.

      Delete
  2. The fall colors make this time of year special. I have enjoyed seeing the majesty of the trees also. The owl pumpkin is lovely! Thanks for sharing some of your family time! I'm visiting from Waiting on Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, Thank you. You are very welcome.

      And thank you for stopping by.

      Delete
  3. Karen, I love this Tuesday thoughts list...cute idea. :) The leaves are so pretty. October is my favorite month of the year. We're so blessed by the beauty God places around us. Thanks for sharing. Happy to be visiting you from the Dance with Jesus linkup this morning. ((blessings))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Brenda, Thank you for sharing your joy in the beauty of autumn. We certainly are blessed.

      You are very welcome.

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  4. The small things in life are surly the most blessed. Family times are the best !!! Reflecting on God's beauty brings me peace and calms my soul. I just had a "tooth emergency" this past week too so I understand your prayer for this. Thanks for sharing your precious thoughts with us. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, Thank you for sharing your heart here. :-)

      Oh my. Hope you are on the mend.

      You are very welcome! Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Thanks, Karen! I always enjoy reading your posts, hearing about your family and the ways you live your life and express your faith. You never fail to make me feel at home! Thanks!

    We are having an absolutely beautiful sunshiny 73 degree day in NE Ohio, a true Indian summer day in November. We'll take a steep dive into the usual Nov. temps by this weekend, but for now I am so delighted in the beauty of this day even though most of our beautiful colored lives are largely gone.

    Blessings to you,
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, Your words humble and encourage me. Thank you so very much!

      73 degrees sounds wonderful! There is something about those warm kinda days even once the leaves come down. Indeed there is beauty even in that. :-)

      Thanks so much for visiting! Your words have blessed me. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts