Thanksgiving Thursday - September 10, 2015



Welcome to my new weekly feature, Thanksgiving Thursday, where I will be sharing blessings I have received throughout the week.

Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous;
    it is fitting for the upright to praise him.
Psalm 33:1

Counting my blessings one by one:

  • A spur of the moment visit with a dear sister-in-the-Lord who I hadn't seen in a long time; watching her hold and enjoy my granddaughter; sitting and enjoying lemonade in her backyard, and thinking back to when our children were little and all the memories her home holds.
  • Visiting with friends who my husband and I hadn't fellowshipped with in a very long time; enjoying a picture perfect day together on their beautiful patio surrounded by pretty flowers and listening to a trickling fountain savoring good food and good conversation; laughing so hard at a story my friend told to the point that I couldn't breathe, lol; cherishing the moments of the day with our friends, and then closing our time together in sweet prayer for our families and ourselves.
  • Babysitting my granddaughter for the day; me and my husband bringing her to the park to enjoy the breezes and the leaves that she loves to look at; laughing when she had a blow out and we had to change her diaper and entire outfit; and marveling at how much life has changed in a year, and all the blessings that resulted.




  • A computer that hadn't worked in over a year and made activities related to blogging go at a snails pace that is finally fixed; the Lord giving me insight and guiding me to find the answers I needed in just 30 minutes on how to fix it, resulting in a computer speed that is faster than it has been in a very long time; and the ability to complete blog related tasks in half the time as before
  • God's provision in words as I write blog posts
  • Chocolate Cream Pie - Enough said!  ;-)





  • My bank catching the fraudulent activity on my debit card, alerting me and being so accommodating and easy to work with
  • Being part of a blogging community that rallied around a dear sister blogger in prayer
  • Air conditioners that cool our house during this very unusual New England sultry September weather
  • Late summer rains falling after a long dry spell, quenching the parched grass
  • Walking outside on the deck as a dove and I startled each other, hearing her wings flapping away and me twirling around ducking,and laughing at what my display would have looked like to an onlooker
  • A beautiful park in town to enjoy evening walks and sunsets with my husband


Praising God for His many blessings this past week.


A joy that is shared is a joy made double.
Proverb

You might find me on these link-ups:
Grace & Truth Link-upWoman to Woman Ministries,  Growing in Grace Link-up, 3DLessonsLif4eLivefree Thursday,Everyday JesusSDG GatheringInspire Me Monday Titus 2 TuesdayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeA Look at the Book,  Sunday StillnessThe Weekend BrewSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Give Me GraceA Little R&RTestimony TuesdayWomen with Intention WednesdaysStill SaturdayGood Morning MondaysTell His StoryBlessings Counter Link-up Party,Faith & Fellowship Blog HopMotivate and Rejuvenate MondaysBe SaltyMonday's MusingsThe Art of Home-Making MondayTuesday TalkWaiting on Wednesday,Dance with Jesus,Looking Up Link-UpReflect His Love and Glory Friend Sharpens Friend Link-UpWords of Comfort Link-upWholehearted WednesdaysTell it to Me TuesdayFaithful at Home FridaysSo Much At Home Link-UpLiteracy Musing Mondays


Comments

  1. I always enjoy reading these types of thanksgiving posts. It always amazes me the little things we can find to be thankful for. Somehow I think they are always bigger than we think too! And blessings on your granddaughter as there is something so precious seeing them on their bellies like that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Joanne, I do too! :-)

      Indeed!

      Thank you so much! She is my littlest Angel. :-)

      Delete
  2. This is a wonderful new feature, Karen! I love the list as well as the photos and background music with it. That pie looks amazing!! It can be so easy to focus on the minuses and forget these lovely little things which should fill to overflowing our gratitude bank!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, Thank you so much!

      Indeed, they should.

      Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
  3. Love this Karen and your things you are thankful for. Love it is called Thanksgiving Thursday too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, Thank you so much!

      Me too! ;-)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  4. Love this Karen and your things you are thankful for. Love it is called Thanksgiving Thursday too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah, Thanks so much!

      And thank you for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  5. Great things to be thankful for. I love these kind of posts. I do one every Friday called Thankful Friday and it makes my heart sing to see others show and express their thanks in the little things in our days.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Michelle, I do too! The community of believers certainly shares in each others joys and enjoys doing so. :-)

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  6. What a wonderful idea to be so intentional about your thanksgiving! Aren't grandkids fun? The proverb is perfect--it reminds me to share so others may be blessed, too.
    your neighbor at Testimony Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Constance, They sure were right when they said there is nothing like being a grandparent. My heart is filled to bursting with love and joy for my littlest Angel. :-)

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  7. Such a beautiful list of blessings. So thankful I stopped by tonight. Have a blessed weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful collection of blessings, you'll be so glad you did this when you look back in the years to come.
    Be blessed!
    Laura of Harvest Lane Cottage

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laura, Thank you! I was thinking the same thing that sharing my blessings just strengthens my walk with the Lord.

      Thanks for stopping by! :-)

      Delete
  9. I love your gran's picture and the pie well looks delicious. Thanks for sharing your blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary, Lexi is such a joy and that pie was delicious! When the waitress asked if I wanted to forks with that pie, I said, "Nope, it's all for meeee!" ;-)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  10. This reminds me of 1000 Gifts. They're just everywhere, aren't they?! What a beautiful post, today. Thank you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ann Voskamp's book was life changing for me. I have never dog-eared so many pages as I did in that book. It is really one that I should read every year!

      Thank you for your kind words and thank you for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  11. Okay, a few of the many things I love about this. 1)It focuses on gratitude. Love it. Need it. 2)Thanksgiving Thursday is alliterative. 3)Chocolate Cream Pie is such a favorite around here, I'm working on a blog post solely on that subject. Thank you for this, Karen...already looking forward to next Thursday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elizabeth, Your kind and encouraging words are such a blessing!

      Thanks so much for visiting!

      Delete
  12. Praising God with you, sweet Karen. So very grateful to God for His many blessings already bestowed and the ones I know He is preparing for us now! Even though our load is so heavy, we still have SO much to thank Him for! Thank you for reminding me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, Yes it really has been a wonderful exercise to look for and find God in everything. All we experience is always wrapped in a blessing. We just need to take the time to open it up. 😊

      Thank you for always encouraging me with such sweet heartfelt words.

      Delete
  13. Chocolate cream pie is certainly a blessing :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts