Scripture Saturday - September 12, 2015



Welcome to my new weekly feature, Scripture Saturday, where I will be sharing a verse of Scripture that has touched my heart during the week.

As I have shared with you in past blog posts, Deuteronomy 31:8 became my life verse early on as a new believer.

It is the Lord who goes before you. 
He will be with you; 
He will not leave you or forsake you. 
Do not fear or be dismayed.

I would end up writing the world's longest blog post if I were to recount all the future unknowns which had caused me anxiety until I meditated on this verse and visualized Jesus going before me to the appointment or into the situation; visualized Him being with me at the appointment or in the situation, and believing that He would not leave me or forsake me.

Last year I had set up a prayer room in our home where I used a stencil to affix my life verse to the wall as a constant reminder of God's ever present help and His promise to me.




So much has happened in the last year since I set up my prayer room.  We received an unexpected blessing!  A precious granddaughter, my own daughter and son-in-law's sweet baby.  As I've shared in earlier posts, they are currently living with us for a season and this Momma/Mimi could not be happier!

My prayer room is now the nursery!  Oh what joy!

This particular week as I looked at this view while feeding my sweet grandbaby Lexi...


I pondered the placement of the crib underneath my life verse and it's promise of protection for  my precious Lexi.  Oh what encouragement and hope Deuteronomy 31:8 gives as I pray for the salvation of my sweet granddaughter and the desire that she will walk in obedience with the Lord all the days of her life.

Maybe my life verse will become Lexi's.  Oh what a Godly legacy that would be!  <3

You might find me on these link-ups:
Grace & Truth Link-upWoman to Woman Ministries,  Growing in Grace Link-up, 3DLessonsLif4eLivefree Thursday,Everyday JesusSDG GatheringInspire Me Monday Titus 2 TuesdayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeA Look at the Book,  Sunday StillnessThe Weekend BrewSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Give Me GraceA Little R&RTestimony TuesdayWomen with Intention WednesdaysStill SaturdayGood Morning MondaysTell His StoryBlessings Counter Link-up Party,Faith & Fellowship Blog HopMotivate and Rejuvenate MondaysBe SaltyMonday's MusingsThe Art of Home-Making MondayTuesday TalkWaiting on Wednesday,Dance with Jesus,Looking Up Link-UpReflect His Love and Glory Friend Sharpens Friend Link-UpWords of Comfort Link-upWholehearted WednesdaysTell it to Me TuesdayFaithful at Home FridaysSo Much At Home Link-UpLiteracy Musing Mondays

Comments

  1. Such a precious post, dear friend! Thank you ever so much for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheryl, Thank you for your sweet words of encouragement. 😊

      Delete
  2. What an awesome life verse. May it become a legacy too. Blessings to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari-Anna, Thank you very much!

      And blessings to you too!

      Delete
  3. What a beautiful verse and what a perfect place to have a baby start it's life :).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. God is so gracious and loving, weaving the parts of our lives together in so many blessed ways.

      Thanks for visiting! :-)

      Delete
  4. That is one of my life verses too and how special that you can share that closely with your grandbaby! Blessings on her new journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carol, Welcome kindred life-verser! :-)

      It truly is so special and such a blessing.

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  5. Thanks for linking at Mondays @ Soul Survival! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Donna, You are very welcome! I enjoy the fellowship there. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts