Thanksgiving Thursday - September 17, 2015


Welcome to another weekly installment of Thanksgiving Thursday.  :-)

Sing joyfully to the Lord, you righteous;
    it is fitting for the upright to praise him.
Psalm 33:1

Counting my blessings one by one:
  • Taking a ride with my husband through the country to get my favorite coffee ice cream, YUM, and seeing this gorgeous scenery from the two bridges we traveled over as the clouds from the day's rains began to clear out.



{Sorry the picture quality isn't that good as I was shooting in a moving car through a closed window, but in the moment it was absolutely gorgeous!}  :-)


  • The sweet and encouraging words of sister blogging friends.
  • Watching my granddaughter being tickled by her daddy, listening to her joyful giggles, such a sweet sound.  :-) 
  • Walking at the park after sunset with my husband, taking in all the beauty the enveloping darkness brings.  

  • Watching the deer come out at dusk, in awe of their trust as they stare back, unphased by my presence...
  • Warm chocolate chip walnut cookies fresh from the oven - YUM!
  • Using my husband's laptop to blog outside on beautiful days.

  • Being led to an article with instructions on how to fix my computer's high memory usage and the wisdom to be able to follow the directions and reduce the computer's memory by 40%!
  • Taking the suggestions of a sister blogger, and de-cluttering my desk space.   I feel so much better!  ;-)  {I will share a link to her blog post about organization during my September Favorites post.} 

  • Watching my granddaughter getting so close to sitting herself up!  I can't believe she is almost six months old!
  • The fun relationship I have with my son-in-law, and the laughter we share.
  • Completing the first week's homework for our church's new Bible study series, Judges for You, by Tim Keller, enjoying his approach and insights to the Word of God, and loving being in deep study again.
  • Listening to a podcast about friendship from sweet sister blogger, Becky Keife, and being so blessed and encouraged. You can listen here.

Praising God for His many blessings this past week.


A joy that is shared is a joy made double.
Proverb

You might find me on these link-ups:
Grace & Truth Link-upWoman to Woman Ministries,  Growing in Grace Link-up, 3DLessonsLif4eLivefree Thursday,Everyday JesusSDG GatheringInspire Me Monday Titus 2 TuesdayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeA Look at the Book,  Sunday StillnessThe Weekend BrewSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Give Me GraceA Little R&RTestimony TuesdayWomen with Intention WednesdaysStill SaturdayGood Morning MondaysTell His StoryBlessings Counter Link-up Party,Faith & Fellowship Blog HopMotivate and Rejuvenate MondaysBe SaltyMonday's MusingsThe Art of Home-Making MondayTuesday TalkWaiting on Wednesday,Dance with Jesus,Looking Up Link-UpReflect His Love and Glory Friend Sharpens Friend Link-UpWords of Comfort Link-upWholehearted WednesdaysTell it to Me TuesdayFaithful at Home FridaysSo Much At Home Link-UpLiteracy Musing Mondays






Comments

  1. Hi Karen! I love your new Thanksgiving Thursdays! They warm my heart while reading them and it is a wonderful way to share a bit more about who you are and whose you are! Thanks!! Have a fabulous Friday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, Thanks so much!

      Your words have blessed me! :-)

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  2. YES! All the things, yes! Are you doing this on your own or have you read One Thousand Gifts by Ann Voskamp? This November will mark 4 years I have been working on my list... and I have more than 6500 things on there-- it's like seeing Jesus in writing. Incredible :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sharita, I have read Ann Voskamp's 1000 Gifts, every page is practically dog-eared! lol. It is really a book I should read once a year!

      I had started to keep a journal, but then dropped off. Even though my blog posts for Thanksgiving Thursday are but a small offering of the many blessings I am thankful for, it will be good to look back on, and of course, it is always good to bring more Glory to God. :-)

      I like how you put it, "It's like seeing Jesus in writing". Incredible it is!

      Thanks for sharing and stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Karen, you're a good example to all of us by being so intentional about giving thanks, and it does help us readers get to know you better.

    your neighbor at Tell His Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Constance, Thank you so much!

      I appreciate you stopping by! :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts