Tuesday Thoughts - September 22, 2015

Welcome once again to Tuesday Thoughts!

September in New England is definitely living up to what I have come to expect weatherwise this time of year - absolutely beautiful!  We have had such a beautiful stretch of warm, sunny weather. Sitting out on my deck in the afternoon,  it almost feels hot, but by mid-afternoon, the cooler sea breezes waft in offering refreshment.

I also find the sunsets in September absolutely beautiful!  My husband and I enjoyed this sunset on our recent walk at the park.






He answered them, “When it is evening, you say, ‘It will be fair weather, for the sky is red.’
Matthew 16:2

What simple pleasures have I lingered over this week?
  • Looking into the dark, listening to the eerie sound of a screech owl calling from the black fields, wondering if the owl pellet my son-in-law found this week on the roof belonged to him.
  • While getting ready in the morning, pausing for a moment, realizing I was listening to the familiar, comforting call of the black capped chickadee, a song he reserves for the spring and fall, signaling the change of season...
  • The beauty of the park that my husband and I are blessed to have in our own town.






  • The first formation of Canadian Geese flying overhead, honking along, another signal that Autumn is almost here
  • As the afternoon sun streamed through the back slider, I stopped for a moment to look into my hutch at the collection of blue and white plates, teacups, teapots, and especially a blue and white Victorian lady figurine, complete with bonnet and parasol, which belonged to my Nana's sister, my Great Aunt Hazel. As I admired my collection of blue and white, it was the figurine that took me back to my Nana's livingroom where a built in corner hutch stood containing all kinds of whimsical figurines of different shapes and sizes, and of course beautiful china.  As a little girl, I loved looking into that cupboard.  Sometimes, Nana would open up the cupboard and send me home with a little treasure from within.  

What have I pondered this week?

When I felt led to increase the frequency of my blog posts during the week, sharing more and more testimonies of His love and work in my life, to glorify Him even more, I wondered to myself, "What sufferings will come as a result of Spiritual warfare?..."

That thought came back to me this past week...  And so it begins...

I found out that the abscessed tooth is a chronic condition due to a fracture in the tooth, probably won't survive and will more than likely need to be extracted.  Unfortunately, the tooth is more toward the front of my mouth, and the options would be quite expensive...

The dishwasher that we thought was fixed actually isn't and needs even more repairs...

I rarely get headaches, but this week I had a rather serious one that lasted two days...

My husband's car broke down and the mechanic feels the engine is beyond repair.  Michael lost four days of work as a result, and now we are facing the prospect of buying another car, which will be difficult financially...

I ended up getting my first cold since I can't remember when.  And it is a doozy, my whole face hurts which isn't helping my tooth situation...

I confess, that for a fleeting moment, I thought to myself, do I have what it takes to stick it out in ministry to the Lord, knowing that trials will increase??

The Holy Spirit reminded me:

Therefore do not throw away your confidence, which has a great reward.
Hebrews 10:35

Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind. ...
James 1:2-8

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worth comparing with the glory that is to be revealed to us.
Romans 8:18

Beloved, do not be surprised at the fiery trial when it comes upon you to test you, as though something strange were happening to you.
1 Peter 4:12

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

Joshua 1:9

 What am I relying on God for this week?
  • His provision for the car situation
  • His peace for my annual physical
  • Complete healing of my tooth abscess
  • Writing blog posts
What am I waiting on God for?
  • Answered prayer in a loved ones life
  • Direction moving forward with my tooth
  • Direction moving forward with the car
I offer these thoughts to my God and Savior in praise of His creation, moments enjoyed, and His great promises, and to the Holy Spirit who helps me to take every thought captive to the obedience of Christ...


"May the mind of Christ my Savior,
Live in me from day to day,
By His love and pow'r controlling
All I do and say."
Kate B. Wilkinson


You might find me on these link-ups:
Grace & Truth Link-upWoman to Woman Ministries,  Growing in Grace Link-up, 3DLessonsLif4eLivefree Thursday,Everyday JesusSDG GatheringInspire Me Monday Titus 2 TuesdayA Wise Women Builds Her HomeA Look at the Book,  Sunday StillnessThe Weekend BrewSpiritual Sundays, Soul Survival,  Give Me GraceA Little R&RTestimony TuesdayWomen with Intention WednesdaysStill SaturdayGood Morning MondaysTell His StoryBlessings Counter Link-up Party,Faith & Fellowship Blog HopMotivate and Rejuvenate MondaysBe SaltyMonday's MusingsThe Art of Home-Making MondayTuesday TalkWaiting on Wednesday,Dance with Jesus,Looking Up Link-UpReflect His Love and Glory Friend Sharpens Friend Link-UpWords of Comfort Link-upWholehearted WednesdaysTell it to Me TuesdayFaithful at Home FridaysSo Much At Home Link-UpLiteracy Musing Mondays

Comments

  1. Thank you for these Tuesday Thoughts, Karen. The sunset photos are awesome. And what a beautiful park you have to wander through!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Trudy, Thank you so very much!

      Indeed we do! :-)

      So glad you visited!

      Delete
  2. Write on. I am praying for you. God will deliver and bless you for your love of Him and willingness to minister His words to others. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mary! I very much appreciate it. :-)

      So glad you stopped by!

      Delete
  3. I so enjoy this post. I was especially interested in what you have observed about the sunsets. I have written a post that will go up tomorrow related to the sunsets recently as we have entered into September here in Ohio. I do not recall so many times seeing so many that were truly sensational. I have found myself wondering what the Lord has been saying through such incredible displays.He is more than His creation, but He often speaks through creation. Several other friends of mine have observed something similar about them. At the very least, He seems to be drawing our eyes heavenward as the day draws to a close. Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, Thank you for sharing such beautiful thoughts pointing us Godward.

      I had a flip devotional years ago that had a picture of a sunset and the quote read, "Sunsets are a glimpse through Heaven's doors."

      "May I reach heaven's joys, oh bright heaven's sun"

      Thanks so much for visiting and for your kind words.

      Delete
  4. Hi Karen, how are you? Lovely pictures you have put up.
    Don't worry about the car and your tooth. God will make a way for your family financially. I am praying that you receive a miracle in Jesus name.
    As you continue to stay and wait on Him God will calm all your fears dear friend.
    It Is Well!
    Blessings to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ifeoma, I am doing well. Seeing God's provision and answers to prayer. Thank you for praying!

      Always a blessing to have you visit! :-)

      Delete
  5. Beautiful pictures and beautiful scripture! I love my morning walks as the sun comes up, it is a perfect time to talk with God and start the day with peaceful thoughts. Have a blessed day!

    Alexis @ www.chemistrycachet.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alexis, Thank you so much!

      I really need to become a morning person. lol. I experienced a few sun rises on vacation and there is nothing like that time of the day. It is just so very peaceful, quiet and filled with so much promise.

      Blessings to you too!

      Delete
  6. Such a great reminder that life happens - even in the midst of joy there is trouble but God still reigns over all. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca, Indeed He does! :-)

      Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. Beautiful post! Can't wait to visit again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mikki Jo, Thank you so much for your kind words! :-)

      Your visit encouraged and blessed me!

      Delete
  8. Beautiful pictures accompanying your wonderful thoughts, and encouragement that life is real.. and right along with life the Lord is right there helping each and every step of the way! I absolutely love sunsets too, and walks enjoying the beauty of God's creation. Praying the Lord continues to bless you in all you do for Him :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for all your kind words and for your prayers.

      Your visit blessed me! :-)

      Delete
  9. I'm reminded of this verse: "What, then, shall we say in response to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us?" Romans 8:31. Satan might try to derail you with distractions and pain and frustrations, but knowing that God is bigger is such good encouragement to stay the course!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jen, Thank you for sharing the perfect verse and words of wisdom!

      So glad you stopped by. :-)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts